Get started with professional machines
The location for craft courses in Amsterdam
Do you want to make your own BBQ, smoker, outdoor fireplace or something similar from metal? In this group course you learn how metal behaves when it is saw, bend, drilled, heated and welded. Using your own design we discuss the most efficiently usage of materials and theory and practice of MIG welding. During this course your start with your own project, after the course you can continue working on your project independently. You improve your own skills and learn how to setup various machines. During the course the 4 most used welding techniques are tried out and discussed: MIG-, TIG-, electrode-, and autogenic welding.
Do you want to learn from our teachers and in preparation to this course? See this Youtube video.
- Duration: 4 evenings in 4 weeks from 19.00 to 22.00 (4 x 3 hours). Please note: no course in school holidays.
- Goal: learn the basic skills with frequently used machines en technologies by making an (own) metal workpiece.
- Target group: People without prior knowledge who want to create their own project with metal.
- Level: BASIC-advanced-expert.
- Basic theory arc welding, safety and practice MIG welding.
- Introduction material knowledge and machine usage.
- Introduction structural design
- Under supervision build your own project
- Teacher: Peter Hanselman.
- Form: 5-6 persons.
- Machines: miter saw, plasma cutter, brake press, pillar drill machine, MIG welding machine, angle grinder.
- Peculiarities: excluding materials.
Our courses are partly demand driven. The order of the content and focus per subject may vary, depending the participants requests.