Get started with professional machines
The location for craft courses in Amsterdam
Do you want to learn how to make something in the oldest way of metalworking? It is hot and rough, but the rhythmic hammering is experienced by many as soothing. You learn various forging techniques, about annealing, grinding and hardening. Together with the teacher you will make a beautifully finished utility knife in 4 evenings, that you can take home with you. You forge both the blade and the handle yourself.
- Duration: 4 evenings (4×3 hours) from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. No course during school holidays.
- Goal: basic forging skills with steel.
- Target group: Anyone who wants to get the hang of forging.
- Level: BASIC-advanced-expert.
- 1st: Forging, curling, bending, flattening, twisting and chiselling.
- 2nd: Tailor material for your own knife and knock out the rod that will later become the handle.
- 3rd: Knock out the blade and the cutting edge.
- 4th: Make the handle to the shape of the hand and then sharpen the knife.
- Teachers: Bert Meister & Menno Philippo
- Form: 4 to 6 persons.
- Machines: forging fire, hammers and pliers.
- Peculiarities: including materials.