- All prices include VAT but the prices in brackets are excluding VAT.
- Registration and payment is possible through the website of the Openbare WerkPlaats.
- Payment must be made in full before the course starts.
- Custom courses are handled via mail contact.
- When paying separately, do not forget to state the course code and course date!
- If a VAT invoice is required, let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellation with full refund is possible up to 2 weeks before the start of the course.
- After that, it is possible to move your participation (due to illness or otherwise) to a course starting on another date with a 50% reduced course price.
- The starting point for all courses is to learn to handle the machines and tools safely.
- There is flexibility on each course to accommodate individual wishes and needs.
- Due to the small number of students, waiting times at the machines are short and there is room for adaptations.
- Materials for creation of personal pieces are not always included in the price, but can often be ordered in advance by arrangement. Practice materials are supplied.
- Work pieces that have not been completed during a course can be finished independently by hiring workshop space.
- An introductory or basic course will not address all aspects of a particular department, craft or machine. A follow-up course or supervised independent further development is recommended.
- If you are absent more than once during the course, it depends on the course whether there is a possibility or whether it is possible to catch up later.
- Minimum age for participation is 18 years. For participation under the age of 18, attendance of a parent / guardian is required (an insurance thing).
- Most courses have a minimum number of places.
- If there is sufficient interest, those who have registered will be contacted to confirm the course in the week prior to the start of the course
- If the minimum number of participants is not met, those who have registered will be consulted to see if another date might be possible or different alternatives are proposed.
- The group courses take place in the evenings between 7pm and 10pm, unless stated otherwise. Participants are expected to be present on time and to clear up together at the end of each session (the first lesson: 15min. in advance please).
- Personal protection is provided (e.g. eye and hearing). Loose clothes and/or hair are not permitted. We advise strongly against wearing synthetic fabrics on courses involving welding.
- During the course, the House Rules of the Openbare WerkPlaats apply. These must be read and signed before the start of the course.
- Coffee, tea and lemonade are always included and on the first day/evening we will provide a sweet treat at coffee time.
- To follow our courses, any specific prior knowledge is generally not required, with the exception of the so-called “follow-up courses”.
- The courses also do not lead to general qualifications or state exams, except for special tailor-made courses.
- It is possible te get a certificate proving you have followed your specific course.