The Openbare WerkPlaats provides working space and storage, tools, machines, support in word, deed and (small) materials. Workplaces, machinery and tools can be rent per half day. Prices are clear; you pay for what you use.
Prices are in Euros and without 21% VAT (prices in parentheses are including 21% VAT).
Rental of workplaces, tools and machinery is always per half day session of 4 hours: from 9:00 to 13:00, from 13:00 to 17:00h. Availability in the evening is very limited, due to the large quantity of courses being given. We expect you to leave everything tidy after you are finished for the next user.
One-time registration fee
Registration at the Openbare WerkPlaats costs € 25, - (€ 30, -). You'll get a tour of the workshop and a nice t-shirt. We will want to know what you want to do and what skill level you have, both for safety reasons and to facilitate you as well. Finally, we discuss our "House Rules", for which you will sign.
Rental of workbench, tools and machinery
You hire a workbench, including the use of our large fixed machines and handtools. We also rent out an assortment electric and cordless tools seperately for € 5, - or 10,- per half day (€ 6, - or 12,-).
There are 3 sizes of 'workbench' available:
- Standard, for most jobs well suited, for € 30, - (€ 36, -) per session.
- Large, for jobs where more working space and/or floor space required for € 45, - (55, -) per half day.
- Extra Large, for projects that really need 'room', for € 60, - (72, -). An extra person you bring along can help for free.
For the use of our motorcycle lift (and tools), we charge 25,- (30,-) per half day.
We can charge you several supplements in addition to the above amounts:
- Materials used: 10, - (12, -) per additional meter / kilogram (eg. in welding, blasting and milling);
- Explanation: 15, - (18, -) per comprehensive instruction before using a machine unfamiliar to you;
- Intensive use: 20, - (25, -) per machine to offset occupancy and additional wear;
- Disposal of waste or left over materials: 30,- (36,-) per m3
- Extra hands: 8,- (10,-) per extra person helping you out at your workbench.
It is possible to deposit a credit in advance on a so-called 'scratch card'. This has 2 advantages: you get a 10% discount on the regular prices from a credit of € 200, - onwards and you do not have to pay every time at the end of the day. Students receive a 20% discount on the regular prices from € 100 credit.
Rental of your own workspace
We have got workspaces for rent from € 315, - (€ 381, -) per month, if available, for 40 m2 of working area (this includes 20m2 of storage space on the second floor), if rented for 3 months or longer. The use of our fixed machinery and electricity is not included in these prices, but must be bought off for 400,- ex VAT a month. These spaces, if available, can be rented from from 1 week to 1 year.
Rental of storage space
We also provide storage for work in progress. This is a week for € 5, - (€ 6, -) per m2.
Prices for assistance or production
We like to share our knowledge. When we are specifically asked whether we would like to assist you, our rate is € 30, - (€ 36, -) per hour. If we are asked to produce something independently, we have an hourly rate of € 50, - (€ 60, -), including cost estimation and machine utilization.
How to pay
Payment can be done in two ways (always with PIN):
- At the end of one's work and the (half) day.
- With a pre-purchased credit, in which all the work, fees, storage and the like are kept on a 'kraskaart (scratch card).
Download the pdf of our price list(in Dutch): Prijslijst December 2019 OWP