The Openbare WerkPlaats provides working space and storage, tools, machines, support in word, deed and (small) materials. Workplaces, machinery and tools can be rent per half day. Prices are clear; you pay for what you use.
Prices are in Euros and without 21% VAT (prices in parentheses are including 21% VAT).
Rental of workplaces, tools and machinery is always per half day session of 4 hours: from 9:00 to 13:00, from 13:00 to 17:00h. We expect you to leave everything tidy after you are finished for the next user.
Registration at the Openbare WerkPlaats is a one-time-deal. You'll get a tour of the workshop and a nice souvenir. We will want to know what you want to do and what skill level you have, both for safety reasons and to facilitate you as well. Finally, we discuss our "House Rules", for which you will sign.
Rental of workbench, tools and machinery
You hire a workbench, including the use of our large fixed machines and handtools. We also rent out an assortment electric and cordless tools separately. There are 3 sizes of 'workbench' available:
- Standard, for most jobs well suited, for € 30, - (€ 36, -) per session.
- Large, for jobs where more working space and/or floor space required for € 45, - (55, -) per half day.
- Extra Large, for projects that really need 'room', for € 60, - (72, -). An extra person you bring along can help for free.
- For the use of our motorcycle lift (and tools), we charge 25,- (30,-) per half day.
We also charge for several supplements in addition to the workbenches as mentioned above and e also provide storage for work in progress.
We like to share our knowledge. When we are specifically asked whether we would like to assist you or if we are asked to produce something independently, we have an hourly rate, including cost estimation and machine utilization.
Download the pdf of our price list (in Dutch): Prijslijst juni 2021 OWP
Rental of your own workspace
We have got workspaces for rent per month, if available, for 40 m2 of working area (this includes 40m2 of storage space on the second floor), if rented for 3 months or longer. The use of our fixed machinery and electricity is not included in these prices.
How to pay
Payment can be done in two ways (always with PIN):
- At the end of one's work and the (half) day.
- With a pre-purchased credit, in which all the work, fees, storage and the like are kept on a 'kraskaart (scratch card). This has 2 advantages: you get a 10% discount on the regular prices onwards and you do not have to pay every time at the end of the day. Students receive a 20% discount on the regular prices.